04 October 2009

Phoenix Park and the Dublin Zoo

Phoenix Park is the largest urban park in all of Europe and it can be found right here in Dublin Ireland. It is 1,760 acres...HUGE. I barely walked any of it before I got distracted by the Dublin Zoo, but I did manage to find the Wellington Monument.







There are scenes on each side of the monument. It is huge and pretty impressive when you get up close. Apparently there are a lot of these sorts of monuments in the park, but like I said the zoo distracted me.


Speaking of the Dublin Zoo...It is on over 30 acres of land and has huge enclosures for the animals. Here are a couple snippets.


This is for all my Mo'orea folk, JUNGLE FOWL

Asian elephants

The most active Red Panda I have ever seen, he was doing laps around the enclosure, which was quite large mind you.

White Rhinos

Angry white rhinos

Giraffes!

Adorable Maras

And that's all folks!

1 comment:

  1. what are those demon groundhog things and should i be afraid of them?
    -hateboy

    ReplyDelete